Follow Me

Monday, October 7, 2013

Jaxs' 2013 Holiday wish list

With Halloween almost here, the stores are already setting up their Christmas displays. (Some have been since back to school in August!) Disgusting right!?

Now I have to admit, I LOVE the Holidays! I love It more now with the Toddler! The elder children lost that excitement long ago, it's nice to have fresh, new spirit in the house!

The Holidays with the Huie's dulled when the elders hit pre-teens. No one wanted presents anymore.. (Unless it was something BIG!) Like 6 years ago when they all pleaded together that the only thing they wanted for Christmas was a dog... poor Ziggy.. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't turn down a flat screen TV or the latest gaming system, but we just don't have it like that. Especially with three teens! Don't even bother buying clothes for teens anymore because unless they've pulled you right into the store and you noted the exact description, colour and size, what ever you get they'll somehow not like it. I broke and learned to save myself the headache (and heart ache) by getting the ever so impersonal gift cards or the one guaranteed to bring a grin, hug AND kiss is good ol' hard cash.  They still get the token under shirts, undies and sox. Body wash, razor, tooth brush, chocolates (and our traditional tangerines) in their stocking. What ever cash or gift cards they amass, they put towards what ever it is they have their eye on and have been pretty good at snagging some great clothes during Boxing Day sales. 

I miss when they were little and the excitement and wonder the holidays brought.  Spending time together playing games, watching a movie. Things that at some point, stop happening when you have adult children.
Now that the Toddler is communicating and can have somewhat interesting conversations, everything is getting much more exciting! That even means ME! 

For fun the other day, I asked the adult children what they would want for Christmas the responses were:

Eldest #1: A giant sly smile in a serious tone..
 "A 50' flat screen for my room."
- better get saving buddy.

Eldest #2: With a Cheshire Cat like grin..
"An Alienware 17 laptop"
- Ha ha ha I never laughed so hard! (After I got over the fact that a laptop could even cost so much and not be encrusted in jewels)

Eldest #3: looking up at the ceiling a million things running through her head..
"Um... Money?"
Me: "No hunny, besides Money..."
"Ahh.. A gift card for the mall?"
Me: "No like, an item"
"What else is there?"
- Oookay, we will keep it at that.

Toddler: (Not really remembering what Christmas is)
"Mismas?" 
Me: "Yes, Christmas, what do you want Santa to bring you"
"Sa-tah?.. Sa-tah pessents me?"
Me: yes, yes, what present do you want, what does Jax like?"
"Meh-mo" (Elmo)
Me: you like Elmo?
"Meh-mo yes! Pi-ates too an Mouse house"
Me: you like Pirates too? Jake and the Never Land pirates? And Micky Mouse club house?
"Yep, yep I uh-ove (Love) das ones"
- I love you!

I have to admit, I am gushing with excitement for holiday season 2013 in the Huie house.

Jax Christmas list so far:
- Big Hugs Elmo (sure to sell out fast to make sure you get one early!)
- Innotab 3 with wifi (Since the Toddler confiscated my iPad) this is my only glimmer of hope to get it back.
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates play ship 

I plan on a few surprises this year and shaking things up a bit.. I am going to get the festive spirit back in this house if its the last thing I do!

(P.s. Santa, mommy wants a Microsoft Surface for blogging)



No comments:

Post a Comment